Code of Ethics
FOCUS POINT TECHNOLOGY, Inc. and its Founding Member Partners support and/or are Members of the long standing Telecom Expense Management Industry Association, (www.TEMIA.org). Focus Point Technologies, (“FPT”) strongly encourages ALL Member Partners, Partners, Agents and Suppliers to join and to become TEMIA Members. Focus Point believes in this Association and its core values as a key item in the formation of a common metric shared, collegial Client- Vendor-Consultant nexus. The TEMIA Code of Ethics is required to be accepted by ALL Focus Point Partners and Suppliers. Focus Point believes so strongly in this shared Code that it literally credits the Partner or supplier any Membership Fee paid to TEMIA as a part of the Annual FPT Membership Fee.
Here is the TEMIA Code of Ethics and to this Focus Point adds its Intra Member Business Rules and Core Values
Please read TEMIA’s Ethics Code and have an authorized company representative agree to it as part of your application.
TEMIA ETHICS CODE
- TEMIA members commit to a shared Ethics Code with each other and the market.
- Members and non-members will adhere to generally accepted standards of accuracy and truth in advertising, marketing, sales, and all other forms of communication.
The contents of communications in all forms must represent statements of fact. Statistics, implied comparisons, and so-called ‘first to market or only to offer a particular capability’ must be provable. Neglecting to research statements may present a clear conflict with other TEM Solution Providers, TEMIA’s interest in the Ethics Code and industry standards. Examples of false or misleading statements if they cannot be proven include:
- “XYZ is the #1 TEM Solution Provider.” (Implies that a neutral 3rd party study has awarded status
- “XYZ is/was the first company to offer “(Implies that no single TEM vendor does this
- “XYZ manages more telecom invoices in Europe ” (Implies everyone else manages less
- Members and non-members will disclose to clients any potential conflicts of interest, which may be perceived as conflict with duty to the client including payment from parties associated with service delivery
- Members and non-members will not offer payment or gifts to clients or potential clients for their business
- Members and non-members will act with professionalism and deal fairly with clients, past and present, fellow TEM solution providers, and the public
- Members and non-members will seek to win on their strengths, and they will not disparage competitors or other industry participants
- Members and non-members will treat competitors, as they want to be treated
- Members and non-members will safeguard the confidences of both present and former clients, and they will not accept retainers, which may involve the disclosure or use of these confidences to the disadvantage or prejudice of such clients
- Prior to the commencement of client engagements, members and non-members will establish clear definitions of the services and products to be provided, clear contracts, and make the client aware of the fee structure and all associated costs
- Members will communicate the Ethics Code to peers, co-workers and all market participants. I shall take responsibility to insure that they adhere to this Ethics Code
- Members may submit items for review to get an opinion from the Ethics Committee
- If a member of TEMIA has evidence that another member or non-member may have violated TEMIA’s Ethics Code, the member is obligated to present the information to the Ethics Committee (ethics@TEMIA.org) for review
- If a non-member of TEMIA has evidence that a TEMIA member or non-member may have violated the TEMIA Ethics Code, the non-member may submit the information to the TEMIA Ethics Committee (ethics@TEMIA.org) for review
- Continuous violations of the Ethics Code by a member company may lead to expulsion of the company from TEMIA and forfeiture of its membership
Focus Point Technology, Inc. Core Values and Code of Ethics
Our ethical principles are the values that set the ground rules for all that we do as employees of, Partners with or Agents of, Focus Point Technology, Inc. As we seek to achieve responsible commercial success, we will be challenged to balance these principles against each other, always mindful of our promise to shareholders, to our clients, to our partners/Agents and to each other, that we will achieve responsible commercial success within the Laws of the United States, its several States and/or in the lands of or under the Laws of any other Nation where we put to practice our services. We are in business to make long term revenues which exceed our expenditures so as to stay in the business of proper, valid and value based services to our clients.
The Focus Point Ethical Principles Are:
HONESTY: We will not say things that are false. We will never deliberately mislead. We will be as candid as possible, openly and freely sharing information, as appropriate to the relationship. We will act in confidence with and for our clients with valid information or admit we need to find a better answer.
PROMISE-KEEPING: We will go to great lengths to keep our commitments. We will not make promises that can’t be kept and we will not make promises on behalf of the Company unless we have the authority to do so. We will set client expectations truthfully and then act diligently to meet or to exceed them. Conversely we will honestly note contract requirements and protect the Company against exceeding the scope of agreements without a valid and mutually agreeable understanding memorialized with our clients.
FAIRNESS: We will create and follow a process and achieve outcomes that a reasonable person would call just, evenhanded and non-arbitrary. Fairness is the right of the client and the expectation as well of the Company as its resources are of value.
RESPECT FOR OTHERS: We will be open and direct in our communication, and receptive to valid client and market influence. We will honor and value the abilities and contributions of others, embracing the responsibility and accountability for our actions in this regard and act to meet all stated client contractual obligations. Staff, Partners, Agents of the Company will also treat each other in the same respectful and effective fashion. One on one frankness and even passion are necessary and permitted as Focus Point as an American business, believes in “free speech”. However as business persons we need to us caution as we exercise that right and we need to give thought to the venue where we exercise this right. We endeavor to always act on the side of caution not only to each other but also to ensure that subordinates, clients and supervisors are not cast in a negative or embarrassing light.
COMPASSION: We will maintain an awareness of the needs of others and act to meet those needs whenever possible. We will also minimize harm whenever possible. We will act in ways that are consistent with our commitment to social responsibility. That responsibility is dual in nature and runs from/to our Company and the client but also we will endeavor to maintain our own dignity with our clients so that they may perceive and accept our being of value in our own eyes as well as in theirs.
INTEGRITY: We will live up to Focus Point Technology’s ethical principles, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures. Further we expect our Company and our clients will treat us and them accordingly.
RESPECT FOR THE BRAND and for FPT CHAIN OF COMMAND: The life blood of Focus Point is the client (the market) and the constituents (partners and agents and staff) confidence in the Brand. Therefore we each must act to support the overall good of the Brand and to use our voices for positive effects for the Brand and therefore for the good of all. Focus Point senior leaders which includes the Member Partners, make up the concept of the Brand. Thus harmony and support are the key. Think before you speak as you only get one chance to make a “good impression” and “one the genie is out of the bottle you can’t put it back”. The cliches stand as fact in the growth of a Brand.