George Gordon, Captain, USN (Ret)
Member of FPT Advisory Board
Experienced and versatile independent consultant, former chief executive with organizational and leadership expertise in both large and startup corporate environments. Broad background with established credentials in managing:
- Organizational development
- Diversified manufacturing operations
- New technology/product development
- Marketing and sales operations
- Capital funding
- Acquisition/divestiture negotiations
Executive Director-Healthbox Florida
Healthbox brings innovative new technology solutions to the healthcare industry by working with high potential early stage companies and entrepreneurs along with the nation’s leading providers and payers in the industry.
Total business responsibility for Healthbox operations in Florida. Manage relationships with investors, conduct site selection for Accelerator Studios, administer curriculum, mentor entrepreneurs and assist them in fund raising.
President, Anthem Ventures
Independent consultant serving as advisor to early stage and growth companies in areas of business planning, fundraising, sales and marketing strategies, facilities and manufacturing planning. Actively serving on the boards of the Tampa Bay Innovation Center, Tampa Bay WaVE, TechStart Tampa Bay, Florida High Tech Corridor Council and Chairman of the Board of the Florida NEXT Foundation. Also serving on the Advisory Board for LumaStream, a high growth manufacturer of intelligent LED lighting systems.
Chairman, President, Chief Executive Officer, ENPORION
Established in 2000 by seven gas and electric utility companies to improve supply chain management through an online marketplace.
Total business responsibility for the growth and development of Enporion, from start up to established B2B marketplace serving both buyers and sellers.
- Converted a company of 55 consultants and loaned executives/employees to a permanent management team and staff in three months
- Improved operating performance from $22 million loss to profitability in less than three years
- Eliminated $9 million per year in expenses by terminating costly long term contracts and controlling internal costs
- Increased revenues by 25% and transaction volume by 100% year-over-year since 2001
- Built a world-class technology platform, including:
- A reliable requisition-to-payment eProcurement solution
- An electronic catalog that out performs any known competitor’s offering
- Named “One of Tampa Bay’s 100 Most Influential Business Leaders” by Tampa bay CEO Magazine
- Named Finalist for Tampa Bay Technology Leader of the Year-2012
- Enporion named to Supply & Demand Chain magazine’s Top 100 list for six consecutive years
- Acquired majority ownership in October 2009
- Named one of the Top 50 Florida Companies to Watch by the Edward Lowe Foundation in 2011
- Sold the company to Global eProcure (GEP) in December 2011
- Transitioning Enporion clients to GEP through December 2012
President, Chief Executive Officer, FASTPARTS.COM
An online trading exchange serving the $200 billion component segment of the electronic manufacturing industry.
Total business responsibility for the development of the FastParts.com B2B e-Commerce trading exchange.
- Led fundraising effort to secure a $34.5 million private placement
- Relocated the company from Chicago to San Jose
- Tripled member companies and quadrupled inventory in first six months
- Acquired coverage from 13 Wall Street analysts
Chairman, President, Chief Executive Officer, DATAMATIX
An online trading exchange specializing in procurement and supply chain management for federal, state and local governments.
Total business responsibility for Datamatix’ emerging B2B e-Commerce trading exchange.
- Co-founded the company and secured $3.5 million in equity placements
- Became the first service provider to receive unconditional certification in the Federal government’s e-Commerce program
- Won contract from National Institute of Governmental Purchasing to offer e-Commerce products and services to state and local governments throughout the US
- Successfully negotiated the sale of the company to Digital Commerce Corporation
Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officers, SPD TECHNOLOGIES
A leading designer, developer and manufacturer of shipboard electrical distribution, control, monitoring and communication systems. Annual revenues of $80 million, 700 employees in multiple locations
Responsible for all Board activities and policy with primary focus on identifying and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, developing and leading Congressional legislative initiatives, and maintaining and expanding SPD’s technological pre-eminence worldwide.
Responsible for all SPD companies including SPD Technologies, SPD Switchgear, Henschel and PacOrd.
- Initiated and managed leveraged buyout from Gould Inc. in 1987, which created SPD Technologies
- Successfully negotiated three acquisitions in expansion of revenues to $80 million
- Directed efforts that established SPD Technologies as a world leader in advanced shipboard electrical distribution, monitoring, control, and interior communication systems
- Led the lobbying effort to save the Seawolf submarine program including radio, TV appearances, newspaper articles, OpEd pieces, and numerous high-level congressional meetings
President and General Manager, GOULD INC., Systems Protection Division
A $50 million division of a $2.5 billion electronics company
Responsible for profit and loss resulting from directing divisional operations prior to leading the leveraged buyout that established SPD Technologies
VicePresident, Finance and Administration- Gould Defense Systems
Second in command of the $500 million business unit
TAMPA BAY TECHNOLOGY FORUM
- An industry association of 500 member companies, representing nearly 50,000 employees, focused on the growth of the technology sector in the Tampa Bay region.
- Chairman Emeritus – 2008-2013
- Chairman of the Board – 2004-2008
- Board Member – 2001-2004
- Developed the concept of a “technology ecosystem” through highly networked channels of communication, among business and entrepreneurs, government and economic development, universities and research institutions and sources of capital.
- Led the growth of the organization from 50 members to 500 in four years.
- Achieved recognition as the leading technology industry advocate in the state of Florida.
FLORIDA TECHNOLOGY, RESEARCH and SCHOLARSHIP BOARD 2007-2010
- Appointed by the Governor to evaluate and select technology Centers of Excellence
FLORIDA HIGH TECH CORRIDOR COUNCIL 2007-Present
- Board member
TAMPA BAY INNOVATION CENTER 2012-2015
- Chairman of the Board, Board member
FLORIDA NEXT FOUNDATION 2014-Present
- Chairman of the Board
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA 2014-Present
- Dean’s Advisory Board – College of Sciences
TAMPA BAY WaVE 2012-Present
- Board member
- Advisory Board member
PREVIOUS BOARD EXPERIENCE
- YMCA of Metropolitan Philadelphia
- Frankford Hospital – Philadelphia, PA
- Spring Garden College – Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation
- Tampa Bay Partnership
- Bachelor of Science, Naval Science, U.S. Naval Academy
- Graduate Studies in Management and Finance, Golden Gate University
- Officer, U.S. Navy and Naval Reserve – Retired with the rank of Captain.